Saturday, October 26, 2013

2013 Audi A3 Limousine

The new 2013 Audi A3 Limousine just came out, and it looks very good!  I like the white one with the TDI clean diesel quattro. Here are some pictures.


Here is a rear view.


Here is the view from the left.


The most awesome thing about the A3 is its weight. It is really light. Audi says it is "groundbreakingly low weight" (Audi press release). It has a curb weight of 1175kg or 2590lb. When I did my science project I found that lighter cars are better because they consume less energy than heavier cars. This car is really light. They took out 80kg in weight and almost every part is Aluminum. Sure enough, the A3 has low fuel consumption. The 1.6TDI goes 61.9mpg! Wow, that is awesome.

Size: The A3 is bigger than the A1 and A2 but smaller than the A4 and A5. The A3 Limousine is bigger than the A3 Cabriolet but smaller than the A3 Sportback. It is about 14 feet long and a wheelbase of 8.5feet.

The A3s are made at the Audi Factory in Ingolstadt near Munich, Germany. I went there in the summer and it was an awesome experience.

The A3 is comparable to the BMW 1 Series and the Mercedes A Class but I like the A3 more because it drives really well and it is very light. One of my friends has an A3 and he loves it and I love it too! I cannot wait until I'm 16 so that I can drive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment